Saturday, September 19, 2015

purple cabbage salad



I have always been skeptical about purple cabbage
and I really don't know why
don't you? 


but I bought it anyway
it took me a while to come up with the courage to eat it!
LOL .. ^-^


this is how it end up on my table
and let me tell you..
it is the most delicious salad ever!







here's how I make my salad



wash thoroughly a small purple cabbage and cut into quarters

use only one quarter and keep the rest in the fridge

remove the hard white core in the middle 

slice the cabbage as thinly as possible

place them in a salad bowl and keep aside

wash thoroughly a sweet Sunkist orange and cut out the skin

remove the orange's white skin as well

cut up the orange into small bite sizes and toss in the salad bowl

slice thinly 10 mint leaves and add in the bowl

sprinkle Himalayan rock salt all over the salad

pour 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil all over the salad

lastly squeeze half a lemon all over

mix the salad well

voila !




all I can say
this purple cabbage is here to stay on my dining table :)
and the mint leaves add so much natural sweetness to the taste!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...