Tuesday, May 20, 2014

sweet and sour fish


This is my very own recipe which I created 
after enjoying a plate of this dish in the Marriott Cairo Hotel in Egypt.
I had it on my last day of stay there so I didn't get the chance to ask the Chef how he made it
This is my version of Bamia and I'm using fish instead of lamb or chicken




Here's how I do it:

Pomfret (bawal hitam) fish head - cleaned and deep-fried then put aside

after frying if the oil is too much reduced it to 3 Tabsp
 to sautee 1 sliced onion, 2 crushed garlic and half-inch thinly sliced ginger
 till the aroma fills the air 

then add in tomato paste (3 teasp) with a pinch of salt, keep stirring until fragrant 

then add in 1 cup water and allow it to boil..

add in 6 cut ladies finger together with 2 cut green chillies..let it boil before you put it into simmer..

taste the salt and add in 1 teasp sugar followed by fresh juice of one-quarter of a lemon..

let it simmer until the desired gravy is thick enough

garnish with apple mint leaves

enjoy!


a word on herbs
apple mint herb was chosen in this recipe simply because it's the only herb I have aplenty at the moment in my fridge. I'm in the midst of herbs testing to see how it tastes like and to know if I should plant them for future use. I love to experiment and I really love the fruity taste of this herb. Smells very minty! :)

you can read more about apple mint here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...